What is Agile People?
Agile People is also known as Agile for HR not because it is an exclusive training for people in the Human Resources, but because it focuses on how this area of an organization can be the engine of change. Agile People defines new models of talent management and development for human resources. It goes beyond analyzing how Agile transformations affect the HR function and emphasizes how the HR team can drive the transformation adoption.
Agile People helps HR understand agile, apply agile methods in their own projects, and, most importantly, adjust their core processes to reflect the reality of an agile work environment. Agile People understand their new role within the agile workspace and also how to:
- Adjust individual performance metrics and compensation structures for team-based success
- Measure commitment and motivation within a team
- Build the profile of potential and existing employees, placing emphasis on skills that enable cross-functional teams
- Recruit and onboard new employees in a way that promotes agility
- Determine which job roles are needed in the new working environment
- Develop or hire leadership that operate under a new management model (Management 3.0 is a great solution.)
- Enhance learning and development to promote an environment of continuous learning
Additionally, an HR department that embraces Agile People is better equipped meet the needs of their customers (employees) by increasing empathy, becoming more customer focused, and being easier to work with through consistent collaboration and transparency.
Why is it important?
Human resources is one of the few departments that cuts across all other departments. While it might not be obvious at first, their ability to influence the adoption of a transformation is greater than any other area of an organization. HR should play a fundamental role in the adoption of an Agile culture as they have a unique position and ability to design a new organizational structure that enables business agility, maximizes communication and collaboration within and among teams, and enables the flow of value.
Agile People are critical in developing and executing an organizational action plan for modeling an agile mindset. By adopting a new work culture, HR teams drive the organizational transformation. The power of agility is through people.
Agile People Courses
Get Agile People Certified
Netmind is an approved training provider for ICAgile’s Agility in HR certification. This certification is awarded to those who attend our Agile for HR course and demonstrate comprehension and application of the course materials.
Associate Trainer in Project Management
Business Developer Manager
Lead Expert in Project Management
Learning Transformation Mentor
Associate Trainer in Lean Agile Practices
Consulting and Agility Director