The workshop covers DevOps Fundamentals and prepares attendees to pass the official certification exam, while learning to set up their own Developer Operations (DevOps) integration environment using the Open Source tools available on the market. For each topic, the instructor will give a general presentation on the tools and the objectives, and then the students will apply what they learned in practical exercises.
The aim is for students to obtain the official DASA (Devops Agile Skill Association) Devops Fundamentals certification. They will also walk away with a virtual Devops environment that they will have installed, configured, and learned to use; with this, they can continue their work from home or use it in their projects the same day.
Attending this class prepares individuals for the DASA DevOps Fundamentals certification.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Pass the official DASA Devops Fundamentals exam
- Prepare their own virtual environment to perform DevOps tasks
- Analyze and improve an existing application
- Deploy the application in a continuous integration environment
- Configure versioning and generating releases of the application
- Deploy the release in a virtual environment
- Configure a virtual environment using automation tools
- Professionals involved in the development, operations, and management of IT services
- Product Owners
- Integration Specialists
- Operations Managers
- Incident and Change Managers
- System and Network Administrators
- Business Managers
- Enterprise Automation Architects
A basic knowledge of Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles will be helpful.
Each student will receive a copy of the course documentation prepared by DASA.
This documentation is supplemented by additional reference sections so that the student can apply the training to his or her actual work.
Engaging and interactive course. Our instructors teach all course materials using the demonstrative method; the participants learn new concepts through exercises and real application practices.
At the end of the training session, students will be able to obtain the DASA certification by successfully passing the DASA DevOps Fundamentals exam. Get the exam details.
Additionally, students will earn 21 credit hours for their attendance.
A certificate of attendance will be issued to students who attend the course for at least 75% of the duration.
- Introduction to DevOps
- DevOps Emergency
- DevOps Core Concepts
- DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA)
- Introduction to the DevOps culture
- DevOps key items
- Visual Management
- Kaizen Thinking
- Implementing a DevOps Culture
- Organizational models
- Autonomous equipment
- Architectural Styles
- Introduction to Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
- DevOps in relation to ITSM
- Scrum Essentials
- Process optimization using Lean
- Value optimization and business analytics using Story Mapping
- Software delivery life cycle in a DevOps organization
- Automation for software delivery
- Key concepts for continuous delivery
- Continuous delivery automation concepts
- Focus on continuous delivery automation
- Emergency of Cloud technology and principles
- Cloud service concepts in a DevOps organization
- Automated provisioning concepts
- Product features and application maturity
- Metrics and Improvement
- Importance of metrics
- Identify the correct metrics
- Monitoring and follow-up
Practical Application: Workshop
- Workshop Overview
- Tools to use
- Virtualization of Infrastructure as Code Environments (IaC)
- VirtualBox, Vagrant, and Cloud Environments overview
- Creating virtual environments
- Installing and configuring the virtualization tool
- Overview of IaC tools
- File configuration display
- Version Control (VC)
- Git overview
- Installation and configuration
- Initial application download
- Modifications and uploading changes
- Application of Quality Analysis (QA)
- Sonar, SonarQube, and Sonarlint overview
- Code coverage
- Technical debt
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- Overview of package managers (Maven, NPM, Bower, Nuget,…)
- Preparing the application for working with the package manager
- Jenkins overview
- Definition of Builds in Jenkins
- Preparation of the Testing environment