Achieving business agility with the Scaled Agile Framework®
During this four-day course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by using the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and the seven core competencies of the Lean Enterprise.
Attendees will practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, create a DevOps culture to build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline, and empower a Lean Portfolio.
The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—provide the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise. Becoming a change agent and a Certified SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC) enables attendees to coach and guide the enterprise toward success in a disruptive marketplace and empowers them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a Certified SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC).
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Lead a Lean-Agile Enterprise transformation
- Implement SAFe
- Implement Lean Portfolio Management
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and coach Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains with a Solution Train
- Use the seven core competencies to achieve business agility
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue your learning journey and become enabled to train other roles in a SAFe Enterprise
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe implementation. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional services consultants
- Internal change agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and technology executives, leaders, managers, and directors
- Portfolio managers and fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT managers
- Program and project managers
- Product and product line managers
- Process leads and lifecycle governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
There are no prerequisites to attend this course. However, the following are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Program Consultant exam and practice as a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC):
- More than 5 years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- More than 3 years of Agile experience
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
Each student will receive a copy of the course documentation workbook prepared by Scaled Agile as well as membership to the SAFe Community Platform for one year ($895 renewal for each year thereafter).
- A certificate of completion will be issued to students who attend this course.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Attending both days of this course prepares and qualifies individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC). Students will be registered with Scaled Agile to take the SPC exam at their convenience within 30 days of attending the course.
Students who successfully pass the certification exam will receive a certificate and a digital badge to promote their achievement virtually.
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Duration: Once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Language: English
- Retake Policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
- See the Scaled Agile website for more SPC exam details including the the current passing score and study materials. (The conditions of the additional Certification services are subject to the terms of the license owner or the authorized certification body.)
- Leading SAFe® – Days 1 and 2
- Thriving in the digital age with business agility
- Becoming a Lean-Agile leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Building solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Exploring Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the change
- Implementing SAFe® – Days 3 and 4
- Reaching the tipping point
- Designing the implementation
- Launching an Agile Release Train
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the portfolio
- Accelerating to business agility
- Becoming an SPC
Explore all our SAFe Certification offerings!
PMI-PBA, PMI-ACP, CAPM, PMP, and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.