This Leading SAFe course teaches the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and what it means to lead to Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. Gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams.
Attending this class prepares you and provides eligibility to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA). Additionally, students will receive 16 hours of professional development credit.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Interpret the basic constructs of SAFe and the steps of the Implementation Roadmap.
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise.
- Manage a Lean-Agile Portfolio.
- Align the organization to a common process model.
- Configure the Framework for your context.
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe.
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose.
- Use transformational leadership to drive change, develop people, and encourage innovation.
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution.
- Drive continuous value delivery through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management.
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train.
- Coordinate large Value Streams.
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers.
- Support to Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
There are no pre-requisites to attend this course. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
- The class registration includes:
- A copy of the official SAFe® by Scaled Agile documentation
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Engaging and interactive face-to-face course. Our instructors teach all course materials using the demonstrative method; the participants learn new concepts through exercises and real application practices.
A certificate of attendance will be issued to students who attend the course for at least 75% of the duration.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe®Agilist (SA).
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Agilist certificate
- A SAFe 4 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Name: SAFe 4 Agilist Exam
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course
- Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 34 out of 45 (76% passing score)
- Sample Test Questions available
More information about the exam can be found here.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 14 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework
- Recognize the problem to be solved
- Know the basic constructs of SAFe
- Apply the Implementation Roadmap
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Embrace the Lean mindset
- Support the Agile Manifesto
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Prepare to experience PI Planning
- Create and review draft PI plans
- Finalize plans and establish Business Value
- Review final plans and commit to a set of PI Objectives
- Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
- Continuously deliver value with Agile Release Trains
- Continuously explore Customer needs
- Continuously integrate
- Continuously deploy with DevOps
- Release on demand
- Relentlessly improve results
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Lead the change
- Know the way and emphasize life-long learning
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Fun Value Streams
- Empower local decisión-making
- Provide objective evidence of fitness for purpose
- Manage Epic-level initiatives responsibly
- Forecast predictably
- Budget Value Streams dynamically
- Building Large Solutions
- Coordinate and integrate multiple ARTs and Suppliers
- Define large solutions