Senior Instructor, BA Certified, CBAP, TKP, Management 3.0 Facilitator, Training from the Back of the Room Instructor
Camping, cooking, cooking while camping, hiking, gardening, underwater photography, needle arts, home remodeling projects
The first one I got paid for was typing papers in college, but being raised on a farm, I did lots of unpaid jobs!
Best Advice Ever Received
One of my first bosses in the corporate world gave me a copy of a book entitled Intrapreneuring. I used to keep a copy of “The Intrapreneur’s 10 Commandments” hanging in my office:
- Come to work each day willing to be fired.
- Circumvent any orders aimed at stopping your dream.
- Do any job needed to make your project work, regardless of your job description.
- Find people to help you.
- Follow your intuition about the people you choose, and work only with the best.
- Work underground as long as you can – publicity triggers the corporate immune mechanism.
- Never bet on a race unless you are running it.
- Remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.
- Be true to your goals, but be realistic about the ways to achieve them.
- Honor your sponsors.
Kathy Claycomb brings over 30 years of IT experience to the classroom. She has participated in all phases of application development across a wide variety of platforms, and has used numerous methodologies to analyze, design and implement systems. Kathy holds a Bachelor of Science in Business and has worked in transportation, training, and software development organizations.
Kathy’s first love is teaching, and throughout her career she has always managed to spend a portion of her time instructing. She has an engaging, highly interactive teaching style that ensures students leave the course with a thorough grasp of the material. Her students consistently praise her teaching abilities and her talent for drawing on her personal experience to enhance their learning.